Terms and Conditions of Website Use
To use the Website you must agree to receive communications via, email, text and phone from Bennetts to allow Bookings to be completed. This communication will be sent from Book My Garage the trading name of The Motorists Organisation (TMO).
When you make a Booking over the Website, Bennetts will be sent your booking and contact details and you will be sent their details via the email address you have provided. Please make sure bookmygarage.com is on your safe senders list and not filtered to junk mail. Bennetts will contact you and confirm all booking requirements. The booking is NOT confirmed until Bennetts and you have agreed this between yourselves.
If you need to cancel or revise the date of your Booking, please contact the Bennetts directly. It is really important as we will be expecting you and have allocated a person to work on your Car.
Below is a more detailed description of this Overview.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
- Booking means the process by which a User uses the Website to search, obtain a price and time for delivery of Services to be confirmed by Bennetts over email/phone/text or fax.
- Car means a road vehicle taxed as a private car and not used commercially that has four wheels and is designed to carry passengers that is powered by an internal-combustion engine.
- Services means (but not is limited to) any automotive service delivery, MOT, maintenance, parts, accessories or repair.
- Servicing Schedules means a set of agreed servicing items that will be conducted by Bennetts.
- Book My Garage ( BMG) is a trading name of The Motorists Organisation Ltd . Any reference to BMG in these Terms and Conditions also refers to The Motorists Organisation Ltd.
- The Motorists Organisation Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales under company number 08339147 and has its registered office at 1000 Lakeside, North Harbour, Portsmouth, PO6 3EN.
- Website means the Bennetts website www.bennettautos.com
- User is a person, who can also be defined as ‘You’, who has visited and/or used the Website who seeks and/or makes a Booking for Services from Bennetts.
- MOT prices offered on the Website are for Cars and light commercial vehicles only.
2. Accurate Information
- All information provided by a User when making a Booking is provided in order for the Website to provide a price and for Bennetts to deliver Services for the User’s Car in an area.
- A User warrants that all information provided by them via the Website is true and accurate and that no information given or omissions made by the User are intended or likely to mislead or deceive any person or organisation. Bennetts reserve the right at its discretion to request verification of, or verify any information provided by you.
- We may terminate a User’s use of the Website and or cancel any Bookings without notice or reason but particularly (but not limited to) the following:-
- the information provided by a User is incomplete, invalid, untruthful or incorrect;
- a User uses the Website to send Spam;
- a User provides false information about their identity;
- a User takes any actions that may undermine the integrity of any feedback or comments system; and
- a User does not agree to receive communications from TMO and or Bennetts in relation to any Booking.
- We do not guarantee that the User will be able to make a Booking.
- A Booking on the Website is not a contract for Bennetts to provide any Services.
- Bennetts are responsible for the display of prices on their website. The User must agree prices with Bennetts on confirming the Booking between them.
- Details provided on the Website cannot be relied upon – please call us if you are unsure.
- If You submit a review to us using any Review Systems, then You agree that We may publish Your review, together with Your name, on this and other websites that We may operate from time to time, on such page and in such position as We may determine in our sole discretion.
- You further agree that We may edit the review and publish edited or partial versions of the review. However, We will never edit a review in such a way as to create a misleading impression of Your views.
- It is the User’s responsibility to arrange any transportation, pick up or delivery (possibly including any costs) to and from Bennetts unless otherwise agreed between Bennetts and the User as part of their contract.
Any dated information that may be included in the content of this Website is published as of its date only, and Bennetts will not have any obligation or responsibility to update or amend the information or for the accuracy of any information on the Website.
4. Warranties and indemnity
The User is responsible for any information they provide through the Website. In particular, the User warrants that such information:
- is true, accurate and complete;
- is not fraudulent or misleading;
- does not infringe any third party’s intellectual property or privacy;
- does not violate any law, statute or regulation;
- is not obscene or offensive and does not contain pornography;
- does not contain any viruses, worms, or other computer programming
- instructions that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information.
- The User indemnifies and keeps indemnified Bennetts, TMO and its officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries and affiliates against all claims (including third party claims), demands, damages, costs (including legal costs), penalties or suits arising out of or consequential upon:
- the use of the Website;
- any dispute between the User and Bennetts;
- any loss or damage suffered by the User arising from or related to the provision of Services;
- any loss or damage suffered by the User arising from or related to the use of the Website.
5. Limitation of Liability
- The User acknowledges that the Internet can be unstable and, sometimes, insecure. At times the Website may not be available or Bookings may not be processed or may not be accepted. In these circumstances We accept no responsibility.
- Bennetts gives no warranty in relation to the Website. Under no circumstances is Bennetts or any of its carriers or suppliers liable or responsible in any way to a User or any other person for any loss, damages, costs, expenses or other claims (including consequential damages and loss of profits or loss of revenues), howsoever caused, including as a result, direct or indirect of any defect, deficiency or discrepancy in the Website including its form, content and timeliness of delivery.
6. Information and Privacy
User information and ownership of information
- TMO will not pass any personal details to Garages until a Booking is made. These details will be those provided by the User as part of the Booking consisting of name, address, contact phone number(s) and email address. This is to enable Bennetts to correctly identify you and the Booking and make contact to confirm. Should you wish for Bennetts not to hold your details please ask Bennetts to remove them from their files.
- Any vehicle registration number entered onto the website can be shared with Bennetts and other third parties.
- By making a booking over the Website you agree to either Bennetts or TMO to providing you with reminders and offerings specific to your car.
7. No recommendation
- Bennetts is responsible for the accuracy and suitability of the communication and any offer. Users may contact Bennetts for any additional information regarding any communications received from Bennetts
- A User must contact Bennetts to deal with any complaints or enquiries in relation to communications sent by it to the User.
8. Processing and Technology Issues
In the event of errors in processing or Website downtime or any other errors or delays caused to the Website or Bookings as a result of unforeseen technological difficulties associated with servers, data hosting centre, internet service provider or any other reason, We reserve the right to take such action as it considers necessary in relation to the Website.
9. Governing Law
Current as of March 2021.